Ingredients for Banana Pancakes Recipe
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of grated nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. sugar (or Splenda sweetener)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil (may be omitted)
- 2 additional bananas to slice and serve on top of the pancakes
- Maple syrup
- Mash 2 bananas and set aside.
- Blend dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add banana and wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend until everything is moist. Batter will appear lumpy.
- Use oil or pan spray to lightly coat a frying pan or griddle. Heat the griddle until a drop of water spattered on it sizzles.
- Drop spoonfuls of banana pancake batter on the griddle and cook on each side until the pancakes are golden brown, but cooked through.
Note: your banana pancakes are usually ready to flip the first time when you see air bubbles rising in the pancake as it cooks.
Serve your banana pancakes with warm maple syrup and slices of fresh banana. You may also leave the nutmeg and cinnamon out of the batter and garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon-nutmeg blended with sugar.