Ingredients for Bacon Dip Recipe
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh chives
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, cook the bacon until it is crisp. Remove the bacon from the fat in the pan with tongs and set it aside on paper towels to cool and drain.
- Meanwhile, reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the onions to the bacon fat and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the onions and bacon to cool completely. Crumble the bacon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bacon, caramelized onions, sour cream, mayonnaise, tabasco, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and chives. Stir until well combined. Season to taste with the salt.
- Garnish with additional chives, if desired.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups of dip
Optional Add Ins
You can add different ingredients to change the flavors of the dip.
- Replace the sour cream with ranch dressing and the chives with chopped green onions.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add a teaspoon of Sriracha sauce for a spicy dip.
Of course, if you're making dip you'll want good things to dip into it. Some ideas include:
- Chips of all kinds
- Sweet potato fries
- Sliced jicama
- Sliced sweet bell peppers
- Carrot and celery sticks
You can also use the dip as a topping for a baked potato, spread it over an omelet, or put it in a pita pocket with kale and sprouts for a tasty sandwich.
Bacon Makes It Better
Adding bacon to virtually anything turns it from okay into amazing. This versatile dip is a great starter recipe. Add your own spin to make it even better.