Ingredients for White Layer Cake Recipe 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
- Cream the sugar and butter together.
- Beat 1 egg white slightly, and add to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Sift the baking powder with the flour.
- Add the milk and the flour alternately to the first mixture.
- Add vanilla and stir to mix.
- Beat the remaining egg whites until stiff, and fold into the batter.
- Bake in layers for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Remove layers from pan.
- Fill with chocolate fudge filling, sour cream filling, or other desired filling.
- Frost cake using recipe below.
White Layer Cake Frosting
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar, mixing to combine.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Frost cake.