Ingredients for White Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup thick sour milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Cream vegetable shortening and sugar together, add eggs well beaten, soda mixed with sour milk, salt, extracts, and about 5 cups flour.
- Roll very thin, cut with cookie cutter, lay on vegetable shorteninged tins, bake in moderately hot oven five minutes.
- To keep any length of time, when cold, place in covered tin cans and set in cool place, and they will be as crisp as when first baked.
- Sufficient for ninety cookies.