Ingredients for White Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 pint white beans
- 1 tablespoon malt honey or molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 pints boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup butter
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water; then cook in cold water, and parboil for ten minutes.
- Drain off this liquid, and add three pints of boiling water.
- Cook about two hours or until the beans begin to break open.
- Then add the seasoning, and turn into a covered bean pot or baking dish, and bake in a slow oven four or five hours; add water if necessary during the baking process.
- Remove cover a half-hour before finished baking to allow beans to brown.