Ingredients for Watermelon Sherbet Recipe
- 6 cups cut-up and seeded watermelon
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Red food coloring
- In a blender or food processor, purée watermelon until smooth. You will want a total of 4 cups of puréed watermelon.
- In a large bowl, add the watermelon purée, whipping cream, buttermilk, sugar, and a few drops of the red food coloring.
- Stir the mixture until sugar is completely dissolved.
- In an ice cream freezer, add all ingredients and freeze according to the directions.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a slice of watermelon.