Ingredients for Vanilla Mousse Recipe
- 3 pasteurized eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Fruit for garnish
- Begin by separating the egg whites from the yolks. Place each into separate bowls.
- Whisk together egg yolks, melted butter, and sugar.
- Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk whipping cream until it forms soft peaks. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to cream and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks, and then add 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Gently fold the whipped cream to the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold the beaten egg whites in to the above mixture.
- Pour the vanilla mousse into serving bowls then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until well chilled and set.
- Mousse can be garnished with fresh fruit, such as blueberries or strawberries.