Ingredients for Baked Turnips Recipe
- 10 turnips, medium sized, washed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the leaves from the turnips, setting them aside for use in your favorite turnip greens recipe.
- Wash the turnips carefully.
- Cut them into sticks, 1/2 inch chunks, or slices.
- Toss the cut turnips with the olive oil, coating them lightly.
- Place the turnips in a single layer on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Serve and enjoy.