Ingredients for Toasted Marshmallows Recipe
- 1 tablespoon granulated gelatine
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- Whites 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- Dissolve gelatine in boiling water, add sugar, and as soon as dissolved set bowl containing mixture in pan of ice-water; then add whites of eggs and vanilla and beat until mixture thickens.
- Turn into a shallow pan, first dipped in cold water, and let stand until thoroughly chilled.
- Remove from pan and cut in pieces the size and shape of marshmallows; then roll in macaroons which have been dried and rolled.
- Serve with sugar and cream.