Ingredients for Tapioca Custard Recipe
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 pint whole milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Gently simmer tapioca and milk over a double boiler until tapioca is transparent.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar.
- Temper the egg yolks and sugar by stirring a small amount of warmed tapioca and milk into them, and then add gradually to the double boiler, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add salt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into tapioca mixture, stirring gently for 3 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and set aside to cool.
- When mixture is cooled, stir in vanilla.