Ingredients for Tapioca Custard Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups scalded milk
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup pearl or 1/3 cup minute tapioca
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak the tapioca for one hour in enough cold water to cover.
- Drain tapioca and add to milk in a saucepan.
- Cook in double boiler over medium heat for 30 minutes. Remove pan from stove.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly, add the sugar and salt, and stir well to blend.
- Return pan with tapioca to the stove.
- Drizzle the egg mixture gradually into the hot tapioca mixture and stir well.
- Turn into buttered (or greased) pudding dish and stir in the butter.
- Bake 30 minutes at 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pudding is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm and sprinkle each serving with some cinnamon sugar, if desired.