Ingredients for Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pint baked sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 egg yolks
- Desired seasoning
- Melt the butter, then add the flour and boil for a minute.
- Stir in the milk until the sauce thickens perfectly smooth.
- Add the seasoning and the beaten eggs.
- Slice the potatoes and place in a deep baking-dish.
- Pour the sauce over them, then sprinkle over the top the grated cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Brown lightly at 400 degrees for ten minutes.