Ingredients for Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes clean and place them on a cookie sheet. Using a fork, poke 2-3 sets of holes in each potato.
- Bake until tender, about 60 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F.
- After letting the potatoes cool, spoon out the inside of the potato and place into a bowl. Toss the skins.
- Mash the potatoes until blended.
- After lightly beating the eggs, add them to the potatoes. Also add the butter, sugar, and seasonings. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Slice the pecans.
- Butter an 8x8 casserole dish and spoon in the sweet potato mixture. Top with the sliced pecans.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve immediately.