Ingredients for Sweet Milk Doughnuts Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter or fat
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat the eggs till very light.
- Add the sugar and, when foamy, add the melted butter or fat.
- Sift the baking powder, salt, and nutmeg with one cup of flour. Stir into first mixture, alternating with the milk so as to keep the mixture smooth.
- Add just enough flour to make a soft dough that can be handled.
- Roll out three-fourths inch thick on a lightly floured board.
- A soft dough makes light, tender doughnuts when cooked.
- Fry in deep fat and drain on unglazed paper.
- Roll the doughnuts in powdered sugar just before serving.