Ingredients for Strawberry Rhubarb Custard
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Blend together the sugar, flour, rhubarb, and strawberries.
- Pour into custard cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and almond. Spoon over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.