Ingredients for Strawberry Mousse Recipe
- 1 quart thin cream
- 1 box strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ box gelatine (scant) or
- 1¼ tablespoons granulated gelatine
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Wash and hull berries, sprinkle with sugar, and let stand one hour; mash, and rub through a fine sieve; add gelatine soaked in cold and dissolved in boiling water.
- Set in pan of ice-water and stir until it begins to thicken; then fold in whip from cream, put in mould, cover, pack in salt and ice, and let stand four hours.
- Raspberries may be used in place of strawberries.