Ingredients for Stewed Prunes Recipe
- 1/2 pound of prunes
- Water (amount varies based on container size)
- 1/4 cup of sugar or sucralose
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Wash and drain prunes.
- Place in a bowl and cover with cold water.
- Cover and allow to stand for approximately 24 hours.
- Place prunes and the soak water into a saucepan or stock pot.
- Add additional water as needed to cover soaked prunes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar or sucralose and lemon juice.
- Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 15 minutes longer.
- Serve hot or cold.