Ingredients for Stewed Dry Apricots Recipe
- ½ pound dried apricots
- ½ cup sugar
- Wash, and sort the fruit, cover with cold water, and soak several hours or overnight.
- Long soaking improves all dried fruits.
- Put in enough water to cover, and bring to the boiling point.
- Drain, and cover again with cold water.
- Cook slowly until apricots are tender, then add the sugar.
- Stir lightly, and cook five minutes.
- Serve cold.
- To make an apricot sauce, force through a strainer, and add orange juice to taste.