Ingredients for Southern Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 quart sliced, cooked sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons corn oil, plus enough for greasing the baking dish
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Oil a baking dish with corn oil.
- Put in a layer of potatoes, sprinkle with cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon. Put on a second and third layer.
- Pour in the corn syrup combined with the boiling water and corn oil.
- Bake thirty-five minutes at 350 degrees.