Ingredients for Sour Milk Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour milk
- Sift flour and salt into bowl.
- Add vegetable shortening by rubbing it in lightly.
- Stir soda into milk until it effervesces and then add to flour.
- Turn out on floured baking board and knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll out 1/4 inch thick, cut with biscuit cutter, and place on greased tin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Sufficient to make twelve biscuits.