Ingredients for Sour Cream Dressing Recipe 2
- ½ pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 scant tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon or more mixed mustard
- Beat the cream with an egg beater till smooth, thick and light.
- Mix the other ingredients together, and gradually add to the cream, beating all the while.
- Having beaten sour cream for a foundation the seasoning may be anything desired, as, for example, the mustard and lemon may be omitted, and the dressing be seasoned highly with any kind of catsup.
- A sweet cream may be substituted for the sour; it should be quite thick.