Ingredients for Cold Cucumber Soup Recipe
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup cream or half-and-half
- 1/3 cup sour cream, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped dill weed, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Several slices of unpeeled cucumber for garnish
- Place cucumbers, onion, broth, cream, and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Using an immersion blender or traditional blender, blend ingredients until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, mint, dill weed, and garlic; blend until well-combined.
- Refrigerate until chilled; stir in lemon juice.
- Garnish with unpeeled cucumber slices, a dollop of sour cream, and freshly chopped mint and dill weed.