Ingredients for Easy Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups evaporated milk or half-and-half
- Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese for garnish
- Chopped, fresh chives for garnish
- Place potatoes in Dutch oven or large sauce pan and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes until tender.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 1 1/2 cups water; set aside.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven or saucepan; add onion, celery, and carrots, and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, reserved water, and evaporated milk.
- Simmer soup on low until thickened and heated through; garnish with chopped chives and shredded cheese if desired.
The soup is easy to throw together and the perfect stick-to-your-ribs comfort food for chilly nights.