Ingredients for Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, or to taste
- Basil leaves for garnish
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and tomatoes to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Use an immersion blender to purée or purée in a blender until smooth.
- Serve topped with basil leaves for garnish.
This recipe serves four to six people. Try a classic or cheesy tomato soup recipe in addition to this creamy version.