Ingredients for Simple Recipe for Hamburger Steak
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine ground beef, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Work in to 6 similar-sized hamburger patties
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add hamburger patties. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until evenly brown. Drain burgers and set aside.
- Chop onion and pepper and sauté over medium heat until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Place burgers back into pan and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for five more minutes.