Ingredients for A Simple Onion Soup Recipe
- 6 medium-sized onions
- 3 ounces of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 quart of boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated nutmeg
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- Mince onions very finely.
- Put in a stewpan over low heat with melted butter. Dredge a little flour over them and shake about until they are soft and lightly browned.
- Add a quart of boiling water and season with salt and pepper and a grated nutmeg.
- Have eggs in the tureen. After the soup has boiled up, stir in among the eggs and serve at once.
- It should take about half an hour for this soup to cook.