Ingredients for Simple Custard Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs plus 2 yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Heat the milk and bring to a slow simmer. Remove from heat and slowly pour the egg mixture into the milk.
- Strain the mixture into 4 custard cups, then place the cups in a pan filled with hot water.
- Dust with nutmeg.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, then let cool for several hours before serving.