Ingredients for Corn, Green Peas, and Carrots Recipe
- 1 cup frozen green peas (thawed)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, as garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the peas, corn, carrots, and bell pepper slices.
- Cook for about 5 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until peppers soften.
- Add soy sauce and ground pepper.
- Cook for an additional 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to platter.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Serves: 4 (1-cup servings)
Variations and Serving Suggestions
- Add in 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds when you add the soy sauce and ground pepper.
- Add a dash of teriyaki sauce when you add the soy sauce and ground pepper.
- Replace sesame oil with olive oil.
- Substitute canned vegetables for frozen; just drain them first. Using fresh vegetables works, too, but add cooking time to be sure the carrots soften.
- Mix and match the veggies: try pinto beans instead of peas, cauliflower instead of corn, or zucchini instead of carrots.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice or as a side to seasoned chicken or pork.