Ingredients for Cold Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked, drained, and cooled
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, including greens
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 8 basil leaves, cut in a chiffonade
- In a large bowl, combine penne, chicken, mozzarella, red pepper, tomato, olives, and onions.
- In another bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, shallot, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Pour dressing over pasta salad and toss to combine.
- Place in a serving dish and top with basil.