Ingredients for Sardine Canapes Recipe 1
- 6-8 pieces of thinly sliced French bread
- 1 can of sardines
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of diced cucumber
- 4 sliced and pitted black olives
- Fresh parsley
- Place slices of buttered bread on a cookie sheet and toast in oven until lightly brown.
- Be sure that all bones and skin are removed from the sardines.
- In a small bowl, mash sardines then add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, butter, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix ingredients together until well combined and a paste forms.
- Spread the sardine paste on each slice of bread.
- Garnish slices with toppings such as tomatoes, cucumber, olives and parsley.