Ingredients for Salt Water Taffy Recipe
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Argo or Kingsfords Cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon corn oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon desired flavoring, preferably vanilla
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and corn oil.
- Add the corn syrup and water and stir until the mixture boils rapidly.
- Boil to 252 degrees For until a little when tried in cold water forms a fairly hard ball.
- Flavor, pour onto a large platter lightly oiled with corn oil and when cool enough to handle, oiling the hands with a little corn oil, pull into a rope and cut in inch lengths.