Ingredients for Rhubarb Custard Recipe
- 2 pounds rhubarb
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut the rhubarb into 1-inch slices.
- Bring a pan to medium heat and add the 1/4 cup sugar, rhubarb, and ginger.
- Heat until the rhubarb is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain out excess moisture.
- In a separate pan, warm the whipping cream.
- Mix together the yolks, 3 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla. Stir in the cream.
- Slowly whisk in warm cream.
- Pour yolk and cream mixture back into the pan and warm for 5 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb mixture into a custard cup and top with the cream mixture. Let chill and serve.