Recipes for no bake cookies come in handy when you want to make cookies with your kids or if you don't want to use the oven. There are a lot of varieties beyond the traditional chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies.
No Bake Orange Ball Recipe
An orange flavored cookie ball is a delicious adult option that is sure to please the grown-ups who want a treat.
- 1 2/3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 1/3 cups chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup of orange juice, reduced by half
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Process the vanilla wafers in a food processor with 1 cup of walnuts until finely ground.
- Add the powdered sugar and orange zest, and process until well combined.
- With the processor running, add the orange juice, followed by the liqueur and corn syrup.
- If the texture is too dry, add a bit of water.
- If it is a little too moist, just let it set for a bit.
- Finely chop the remaining walnuts and put them in a bowl.
- Roll the vanilla mixture into small (about 1 inch) balls.
- Press the balls into the crushed pecans and walnuts.
- Let the balls set for at least four hours in the fridge.
Nanaimo squares are a traditional Canadian bar cookie. This recipe uses raw eggs which many people are wary of consuming, and with good reason. If you are living in a place that has good farming techniques, then you should have no problem using your local eggs. Otherwise, you will have to look for pasteurized eggs. Pasteurized eggs are usually marked with a small "P" in red food safe ink.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Using a bain-marie, melt the butter and the sugar.
- Add the egg and cocoa powder.
- Stir continuously until smooth.
- Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of a 9 x 9 pan.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- Using your stand mixer, cream the butter.
- Add the vanilla and egg.
- Add the sugar and mix until creamy smooth.
- Spread evenly over the cookie base.
- 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix in the butter and water.
- Spread over the filling.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
This is a quick and easy recipe that kids love to eat.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups fried chow mein noodles
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter together.
- Stir in noodles.
- Drop on waxed or parchment paper and allow to cool.
Chocolate Almond Cookies
Make an easy no bake cookie sandwich.
- 1 box chocolate wafers
- 1 can almond filling (not almond paste)
- 1 package white chocolate almond bark
- Make sandwiches by spreading almond filling between two chocolate wafers.
- Melt white chocolate almond bark in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Dip sandwiches in almond bark, coating completely.
- Allow to cool and harden on waxed or parchment paper.
Delicious Cookies Without the Oven
No bake cookies allow you to quickly make delicious cookies without having to turn on your oven. With so many delicious recipes to choose from, they're sure to become a family favorite.