Ingredients for Quick Orange Marmalade Recipe
- 1/4 cup commercial pectin
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 7 cups water, divided
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- Remove skins in quarters from oranges and lemon, close to the pulp. Break up pulp and remove seeds.
- Add 1/2 cup water and simmer in covered saucepan for 45 minutes.
- Boil rind from oranges and lemons with 4 cups water in covered saucepan for 20 minutes. Drain and discard water.
- With sharp-edged spoon, scrape out and discard white part of skins, leaving only yellow rind. With sharp knife, shred yellow rinds as thin as possible in pieces about 1 inch long.
- Simmer shredded rinds again in 2 1/2 cups water in covered saucepan for 15 minutes. Drain and discard water. Mix cooked pulp with rinds.
- Measure 2 cups of mixed rind and pulp, adding water if necessary to make up this amount.
- Add 3 1/2 cups sugar and mix well. Stir constantly and bring to vigorous boil over hot fire.
- Boil hard for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add pectin and stir well.
- Let stand 5 minutes only, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into glasses.