Quick dessert ideas are useful when a dessert is needed right away or if you just want to make a dessert without using your oven.
Some quick dessert ideas are as simple as they are delicious. This apple slush recipe can be put together quickly.
- 4 apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Peel the apples, letting them rest in a bowl of cold water with a splash of lemon juice in it to prevent the apples from turning brown as they are peeled.
- Grate the apples using the course side of a box grater into a bowl.
- Do not grate the core.
- Drizzle the rose water and lemon juice over the grated apples.
- Chill the grated apples for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a bit of crushed ice.
Banana and Mascarpone
For this quick dessert you need to make some instant vanilla pudding first. Just follow the instructions on the pudding mix box and once it's firmed and set, move on to the banana and mascarpone recipe.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 ¼ cups of instant vanilla pudding prepared
- 2/3 cup of plain yogurt
- 4 ripe bananas
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- Mix together the mascarpone cheese, prepared pudding, and yogurt.
- Beat together until the mixture is smooth.
- Cover and chill.
- Peel bananas and slice diagonally about 1 to 1 ½ inch thick slices.
- Place the banana slices in a bowl and pour the lime juice over the bananas.
- Toss until the bananas are coated in lime juice.
- Divide the mascarpone mixture in half.
- Divide the sliced bananas in half.
- Place an equal amount of the mixture into 6 dessert bowls.
- Place an equal amount of the bananas into the bowls.
- Cover the bananas with the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Top each bowl off with the remaining bananas.
- Sprinkle each bowl with the chopped nuts.
- Drizzle with the maple syrup.
Ricotta with Honey and Fruit
This dessert is so quick to make you might find that you make it once a month.
- 2 cups of whole milk ricotta
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup of fruit
If you like, you can warm the ricotta cheese using a Bain Marie but I happen to like this dessert as a cold dessert especially when the weather is warm.
- Using 4 bowls, place ½ cup of ricotta cheese in a bowl.
- Top with ¼ cup of fruit.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if you like.
Quick Dessert Ideas
Although some desserts are complicated and look spectacular when you serve them, it is easy to see that a great dessert doesn't have to be a huge production to be delicious and attractive. Some alternative options for quick desserts can include:
- No Bake Cookies
- Easy chocolate dessert recipes