Ingredients for Quick Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef, browned
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 14.5 oz. tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked
- 8 ounces sour cream, light
- 6 to 8 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After pouring off any excess fat, add the celery, onion, and green pepper to the beef. Heat and stir until onions are soft.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and add the tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir well and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the noodles are ready, stir in the sour cream and green onions. Continue stirring unti well incorporated.
- Place half of the noodles into a large, rectangular baking dish.
- Top with half the meat mixture.
- Then add the final layer of pasta and meat.
- Cover and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.