Ingredients for Queen Fritters Recipe
- ¼ cup butter (scant)
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Fruit preserve or marmalade
- Put butter in small saucepan and pour on water.
- As soon as water again reaches boiling-point, add flour all at once and stir until mixture leaves sides of saucepan, cleaving to spoon.
- Remove from fire and add eggs unbeaten, one at a time, beating mixture thoroughly between addition of eggs.
- Drop by spoonfuls and fry in deep fat until well puffed and browned.
- Drain, make an opening, and fill with preserve or marmalade.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve on a folded napkin.