Ingredients for Potato Croquettes Recipe 1
- 1 pint mashed potato (fresh or left over)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Milk or cream
- Pinch of salt
- Add the well-beaten egg to the potato, and sufficient milk or cream to make the potato as soft as can be shaped into balls with the hands.
- (If fresh mashed potato is used, it may not be necessary to add any milk or cream.) Beat one egg with one tablespoon water and a pinch of salt.
- Dip a ball of the potato into the egg, then roll it in zwieback crumbs.
- Place the ball in a croquette mold, close the mold, and tap the closed end on the table in such a way as to force the contents into that end.
- Smooth the open end.
- Open the mold and remove the croquette.
- Place the croquettes on an oiled pan and bake fifteen minutes in a hot oven.
- Serve with cream sauce or egg sauce made by adding one chopped hard-boiled egg to one pint of cream sauce.