Ingredients for Plain Pulled Taffy Recipe
- 1 pint corn syrup
- 1 cup brown or granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ tablespoon corn oil
- Combine the ingredients in the order given and boil until a little when tried in cold water forms a fairly firm ball, 252 degrees F.
- Pour onto a platter lightly oiled with corn oil and when cool enough to handle, pull until light colored.
- A few drops of flavoring may be worked in while it is being pulled.
- Peppermint, vanilla and lemon are all good.
- Snip into inch lengths with the scissors and wrap in paraffin paper.