Ingredients for Plain Omelet Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- A dash of white pepper or paprika
- Beat the egg yolks very light; add the salt, pepper, and cream.
- Fold in the whites of the eggs, beaten very stiff. The mixture must not stand after the whites of the eggs are folded in.
- Boil the butter in an omelet-pan and add the mixture.
- As soon as it begins to stiffen, draw it away from the edges of the pan or gently slide a knife under the center to allow the uncooked egg to reach the hot pan and cook evenly.
- When the omelet is a rich golden brown, fold over and serve at once on a very hot plate.
- This quantity is for two people.
- Double the above quantity may be made in one omelet, but if a larger amount is necessary, it is better to make two or three omelets rather than attempt cooking the whole quantity in one.