Ingredients for Pickled Cucumbers Recipe
- 1 large cucumber or several small cucumbers
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Cut cucumber crosswise into very thin slices. If using small cucumbers, it is fine to leave them whole.
- Bring 1/2 cup white wine vinegar to a boil.
- In a non-reactive bowl, add the vinegar, and then combine all other ingredients. If you prefer spicy cucumbers, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Whisk together until sugar is totally dissolved.
- Add cucumber and toss to coat in mixture.
- Cover mixture tightly to allow cucumbers to marinate.
- Stir frequently to ensure the cucumbers are all covered.
- Chill for at least 24 hours.