Ingredients for Peanut Nougat Recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups shelled peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Finely chop the peanuts, discarding any skins.
- Sprinkle the peanuts with salt, set aside.
- Heat the sugar in the top of a double boiler over high heat.
- Stir the sugar constantly, keeping it away from the sides, until it melts.
- Remove the sugar from heat and immediately stir in the peanuts.
- Pour the mixture quickly into a warm buttered tin.
- Cut into small squares with a sharp knife while still warm.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store covered.