Ingredients for Pasta Carbonara Recipe
- 1 package dried spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain in a colander and set aside. You can also make your own pasta. If you do, boil it 3 to 4 minutes, until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, cook the bacon on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until bacon is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the fat in the pan with a slotted spoon and set it aside to drain on paper towels.
- Add the shallots to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and reserved bacon to the pan. Stir to heat through.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the egg and heavy cream mixture to the pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the egg and cream warms through.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.