Ingredients for Orange Cream Pudding Recipe
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup orange juice
- Rind of 1 small orange, grated lightly
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg separated
- A few grains of salt
- Put the water, the fruit juices, and the orange rind into a small saucepan, and bring gradually to a boil.
- Mix the sugar and the starch together thoroughly.
- Beat the white stiff; then pour the boiling liquid, slowly at first, into the sugar and starch, and stir smooth.
- Return it to the fire, and stir until it comes to a good boil; then pour it in a steady stream into the stiffly beaten white, beating with a whip as it enters the egg, until well mixed.
- Pour into wetted molds and let cool.
- Turn out on sauce dishes and serve with custard sauce made from the yolk, with milk, as usual.