Ingredients for Old Fashioned Stuffing Recipe
- 30 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the bread and let it sit for at least 24 hours so it becomes hard.
- Lightly chop the onion and celery.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Crush the bread into crumbs with a rolling pin. Place the crumbs in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Stir in the vegetables and slowly cook until soft.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add them, along with the broth, into the bread crumbs. Add some small amounts of water to attain desired consistency.
- Mix in the vegetables and seasonings.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking dish. Bake for 1 hour or until the top is crisp.