Ingredients for Old Fashioned Oatmeal Recipe
Enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast with this simple recipe!
- 2-1/4 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- Topping such as dried fruit, apples, nuts, cinnamon
- Milk or honey, optional
- Turn heat to high.
- Combine the water and salt in a small saucepan.
- Once water boils, reduce heat to low.
- Add oatmeal and stir.
- Cook for five minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add your favorite toppings such as cinnamon, dried fruit, apples or nuts.
- Cover with lid and remove from heat.
- Let sit for five minutes before serving.
Can be served with milk or honey.