Ingredients for Oatmeal Porridge Recipe
- 1 1/2 pint water or milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 ounces of oatmeal
- Bring the milk or water to a boil along with the salt.
- As it rises in the pan, gradually add the oatmeal while stirring briskly with a fork. Continue to stir until the lumps are beaten out.
- Boil the mixture for 15 minutes and pour it on a plate. Serve with milk and sugar, syrup, or butter.
- A larger or a smaller quantity of oatmeal may be used, according to taste.
- The secret of making it properly is to let the water boil fast before putting in the oatmeal.