Ingredients for Norwegian Prune Pudding Recipe
- ½ lb. prunes=22 prunes
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 inch piece stick cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup corn-starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pick over and wash prunes, then soak one hour in cold water, and boil until soft in same water.
- Obtain meat from stones and add to prunes and water; then add sugar, cinnamon, boiling water, and simmer ten minutes.
- Dilute cornstarch with enough cold water to pour easily, add to prune mixture, and cook five minutes.
- Remove cinnamon, add lemon juice, mould, then chill, and serve with cream.