Ingredients for Mulberry Jelly Recipe
- 1 1/2 pints mulberry juice
- 4 ounces of tapioca
- Extract the juice from the mulberries by placing them in a jar and bruising them with a wooden spoon; then place the jar--which must be covered--in a saucepan of boiling water.
- Let the water boil until the juice flows freely from the mulberries; then strain them through a fine hair sieve.
- Do not squeeze the mulberries, but let the juice drop slowly through.
- Crush the tapioca so that no lumps remain. Then, pour the mulberry juice over it and let it stand all night.
- Boil it until it is quite clear, stirring to keep it from burning, and add sugar to taste.
- Pour into small molds which have been standing in cold water.
- Serve with cream.