Ingredients for Mixed Fruit Cocktail Recipe
- 6 large oranges
- 1 banana
- 2 slices pineapple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Slice off the tops of the oranges and scoop out the inside, being careful not to break the inside white skin of the orange peel.
- Put the orange cups in a bowl of ice water.
- Cut in small pieces the banana and pineapple, mix these with the orange pulp cut in small pieces and the lemon juice, sweeten to taste, and then fill the orange shells.
- Set each one in a small bowl, filled with crushed ice.
- The mixed fruit pulp that remains after the orange skins have been filled may be kept in the refrigerator and served as sauce with ice cream or used in any other way that circumstances suggest.
- Fruit cocktails may be made from mixtures of almost any fruits, canned or fresh.
- As a rule, combinations of a sweet and a sour fruit are most piquant in flavor.