Ingredients for Mixed Fruit Cocktail Recipe
- 1 pint strawberries
- 6 kiwis
- 1 pineapple
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup red currants
- 1 pint blackberries
- 2 cups green grapes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Remove stems from strawberries by placing your thumb at the edge of the stem and popping it off. Slice the strawberries.
- With a sharp paring knife, peel the skin from the kiwis and thinly slice them.
- Cut the top off the pineapple. Place it base down on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the skin off in strips and then use a small knife to remove any eyes. Cut the pineapple lengthwise in quarters and use a sharp knife to cut out the core from each quarter. Slice the pineapple into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut the watermelon into quarters and run a sharp knife along the rind to remove the flesh from the rind. Discard the rind and cut the flesh into 1-inch cubes.
- Put all the cut fruit in a bowl with the blueberries, red currants, blackberries, and grapes (you can halve the grapes if they are large).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon and honey. Pour it over the fruit and toss to mix.
This yields 8 to 10 cups.
You can also add in other fruits such as:
- 2 peeled and chopped bananas
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and chopped